Children’s Art Competition National Biodiversity Week 2020
THE BIG BAT DRAW
The theme is: What I love about Irish bats!
We are asking all of our younger supporters to put their thinking caps on and to draw what it is they love about bats. This competition has a wide interpretation, so it could be anything from a drawing of a bat or bats, to drawing the environment where bats live or fly. Be as creative as you like (as long as it is an original piece of work that has not been digitally modified) – the drawing can be in pencil, charcoal, colouring pencil/marker, crayon, paint, etc. Due to the current Covid 19 restrictions, please take a photograph of your drawing and email it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for entries is Friday 12 June 2020. Winners will be announced on Monday 6 July 2020 and will be informed directly.
Prizes for the competition are as follows:
First Prize: Your very own bat detector
Second Prize: €40 voucher for The Art & Hobby Shop
Third Prize: Learn About Bats T-Shirt
Please read the following terms and conditions of the competition:
- The competition is open to children up to the age of 16 (age on the closing date of the competition June 12th 2020).
- The text of the theme and competition name does not have to be illustrated on your artwork. We are looking for your interpretation of the theme through your art.
- Entrant name, address, age and date of birth must be clearly printed on the entry email, and the entry must be attached to the same email. Please include a telephone contact number of a parent/guardian. In the entry email the parent/guardian must confirm that the attached artwork is the unaided and original work of the entrant. Any entries bearing incomplete entry details or unclear photographs of the artwork may not be considered.
- We are asking entrants to submit a photograph of their drawing (due to the Covid 19 restrictions). We encourage you to take a clear photograph of the artwork in good lighting conditions so that the judges can assess the work fairly.
- Any entries that have been subject to digital modification will be disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted in jpg format.
- The entry can be drawn or painted in pencil, charcoal, pen or ink, felt-tip markers, crayon, pastel, water colours, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage. Prints done from a lino block, wood block or any other method may also be submitted. No computer aided design (CAD) may be entered.
- It should be noted that once artwork is received by us, it becomes the property of Bat Conservation Ireland and may be reproduced at our discretion. All entries are accepted as original works and we are not responsible for any breach of copyright.
- Entrants may enter the competition only once.
- We reserve the right not to award prizes. The decision of the adjudicators is final and no correspondence will be entered into.