The theme is: ‘How bats make our world a better place‘
We are asking all of our younger supporters to sharpen their pencils and write a creative story about our Irish bats. This competition has a wide interpretation, so it could be anything from writing about a bats’ habitat, to a bat learning to fly, to the lifecycle of an Irish bat. Be as creative as you like (as long as it is an original piece of work that has not been copied from elsewhere) – the story should be submitted in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for entries is Sunday 13 June 2021. Winners will be announced on Monday 5 July 2021 and will be informed directly.
Prizes for the competition are as follows:
- First Prize: Family day out at the Zoo (for 2 adults and 3 children)
- Second Prize: €30 book voucher
- Third Prize: Learn About Bats T-Shirt
Please read the following terms and conditions of the competition:
- The competition is open to children and young people up to the age of 16 (age on the closing date of the competition 13 June 2021).
- The text of the theme and competition name does not have to be contained within the story. We are looking for your interpretation of the theme through your story.
- Entrant name, address, age and date of birth must be clearly printed on the entry email, and the entry must be attached to the same email. Please include a telephone contact number of a parent/guardian. In the entry email the parent/guardian must confirm that the attached story is the unaided and original work of the entrant. Any entries bearing incomplete entry details or unclear or unfinished work may not be considered.
- We are asking entrants to submit a typed version of their story and for this to be in PDF format. This is so the work is clear and legible and an honest assessment of the work can be made.
- The story must be a minimum of 300 words, but no greater than 1,000 words.
- Any entries that have been copied from elsewhere will be disqualified.
- All entries must be submitted in PDF format.
- It should be noted that once your story is received by us, it becomes the property of Bat Conservation Ireland and may be reproduced at our discretion. All entries are accepted as original works and we are not responsible for any breach of copyright.
- Entrants may enter the competition only once.
- We reserve the right not to award prizes. The decision of the adjudicators is final and no correspondence will be entered into.