Tuesday Training – Module 2 – How to survey for bats using bat detectors and participate in the Irish Bat Monitoring Programme
July 13 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm€55 – €60
This is the second Module on our ‘An Introduction to the World of Bats’ Training Course
How to survey for bats using bat detectors and participate in the Irish Bat Monitoring Programme – 13 July 2021
Part 1 – What is a Bat Survey?
- Introduction to what is echolocation
- How to use a heterodyne bat detector
- Description of the echolocation calls of each bat species in Ireland
- How to identify Ireland’s bat species using heterodyne bat detectors
- What is a Bat Survey – Part 1 An Introduction?
Task 3: If the participant has access to a bat detector, undertake a bat survey to document the bat species present in your chosen area.
To book this as a separate module, please choose an option below.